7 Scholarships For Higher Education in Canada
Indian students choose Canada as their study-abroad destination. It is home to several well respected educational institutions. Are you thinking about studying in Canada but think the fee is too high? NO, it is one of the less expensive countries with study abroad scholarships. This blog contains information on several foreign scholarships specifically for Indian students in Canada.
Let’s take a look at some of the scholarships open to Indian students in Canada
Government of Canada International Scholarships Program
- The government of Canada international scholarships program offer grant for the students who want to study and research at the collage or undergraduate level.
- This program is offer by the government of Canada to support international students.
- This program is designed for students who have a valid student program agreement that eliminate tuition fees.
- This scholarship covers expenses of students such as tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for a period of 4 months or one academic term.
- The amount of scholarship ranges from $10,200 to $12,700 depending on the course level.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- The vainer Canada graduate scholarships (CGS) program is an excellent opportunity for doctoral students who are seeking to pursue their research in Canada.
- The scholarship is named after Major General Georges P. Venier, the first Francophone Governor General of Canada.
- The scholarship provides successful applicants with a total of $50,000 per year for three years.
It can be applied to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and research-related costs
Fonds de recherché du Quebec Scholarships and Grants:
This program provides financial support for international students, the scholarship covers tuition fees, and research grants.
The fonds de recherché du Québec offers grants and scholarships to international students, the amount of scholarships depends on program and student’s needs.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships:
- This program awards up to 15 graduate students who follow or recently completed PHD degree in social science or humanities. Each scholar might receive up to $60,000 over four years.
- To doctoral candidates up to $40,000 – 60,000 amount is offered per annum for three years to cover fee and reasonable living expenses
- It also offers up to $20,000 per year for three years for language learning, travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research.
- Recipients of these scholarships become permanent members of the Foundation’s alumni network
- It also provides leadership training from Mentors and Fellows, including unique experiential learning opportunities.
It also offers opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) as well as Indigenous languages.
University Specific Scholarships:
University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada
- Scholarships at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada, for international students attain BA, MA and Doctoral Degrees.
- The university of waterloo is the most honored in Canada for international students and ranked 9th nationally.
- They offer fully funded scholarships for international students for the academic year 2023-2024.
- This scholarship is accessible for UG, MA and PhD studies and is worth up to $10,000.
- The award covers tuition fees and living expenses for international students.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- Ontario’s top graduate students in all fields of study have had access to merit-based scholarships under the OGS program since 1975.
- Student first receive study permit and acceptance letter from Ontario university
- Each semester’s scholarship award is $5,000. Two sessions of $10,000 each; one session of $15,000 each are possible (three consecutive sessions). Ultimately, the unit can only pay for a maximum of one-third of your total prize.
- Each grant is valid for 2 or 3 academic sessions
- Your offer letter will determine the value and length based on the criteria established by the graduate unit making the grant.
While we’ve listed everything you need to know, you may still be confused about which scholarship opportunities are best for you. Get a free profile assessment from VISAA CONNECTIONS Canadian experts to find out which one is right for you. Many Canadian universities and colleges offer study abroad scholarships specifically for Indian students, If you have any questions about abroad education, do contact with VISAA CONNECTIONS they have solutions to all your queries.