Post Study Work Visa In Canada
Post Study Work Visa
Getting a Post-Graduation Work Permit while studying in Canada (PGWP) relies a great deal upon your course. Work permit under PGWP is generally given for the length of the students abroad program. The most significant duration of the post-work permit is of three years. It implies if your post-graduate course’s term is two years, you get a three-year PGWP visa. A post-graduation work permit can’t be valid for longer than the student’s study program. The course term must be at least eight months long.
The PGWP allows international students studying or graduating from a participating post-secondary college/university to gain Canadian work experience.
To be eligible for a Post Study Work Visa, Oversea students
- Should have studied full-time for at least eight months preceding the completion of their program and have graduated from a Designated Learning Institution.
- Must have completed, passed the program of study & received written notification that they are eligible to obtain their degree or certificate.
- Must apply for a PGWP within 180 days of receiving written confirmation from their academic institution.
- The Post Study Work Visa provides no restrictions on the type of employment and requirement of a job offer.
- If the program duration is more than 8 months, but less than 2 years Post Study Work Visa will be issued for the same length as the study program. (For example, if the student completed a 9-month program, a work permit may be granted for up to 9 months).
- If the program duration is 2 years or more Post Graduation Work Permit will be issued for 3 years.
- If a student has completed more than one program, they may be able to get combine length of both the programs. For this, each of the programs they have completed must be Post Graduation Work Permit eligible and at least 8 months in duration.
If distance-learning makes up less than 50% of your study program, you may be eligible for a PGWP. The length of the PGWP would match the duration of your program, including both in-class and distance courses.